Friday, August 22, 2008

Dave Schwarm at camp

I'm posting this for Dave Schwarm, who's been away this summer working as a program team member at a Bible camp in California. He's working with a team of people ministering to young kids. Here's some of his story.


Hey dude just writing to say whats up? Things are going great down here. This week was awesome and I had a ton of fun. For our "walkon" skit (the continuous skit we program teamers do every night) was about these two very poor secret agents and two criminals stealing things from camp all week. I was a criminal and my name was SCHWARM.. but all drawn out like SCCHHHHWWAARRMMM! The kids loved it and all week long whenever they saw me they would try to emulate my voice saying schwarm. Super fun kids this week with hardly any problems. Last week I sent a kid home the last night for peeing on another much smaller camper. He was such a punk and we almost had to fight him to get him to leave. My friend curtis and ivan had to pin a kid to the couch cuz the kid was swinging at them. After they pinned him the kid (11 years old) proceeded to spit in their faces. These kids are dealing with some really hard things in their lives so if you think about it pray for them. Pray that we would be able to touch their lives in a way that will enable them to lift themselves out of the tough situations they are in.
By the way I'm a little upset you are playing "all because of jesus" without me. :) jk.. keep it real!
Dave

No comments: